Sri Ramchandra's Ten Commandments
- Rise before dawn. Offer your prayer and puja(Worship) at a fixed hour preferably before sunrise, sitting in one
and the same pose. Have a separate place and 'asan'(seat) for worship. Purity of mind and body be specially adhered to.
- Begin your puja with a prayer for spiritual elevation with a heart full of love and devotion.
- Fix up your goal which should be 'Complete Oneness' with God. Rest not till the ideal is achieved.
- Be plain and simple to be identical with Nature.
- Be truthful. Take miseries as Divine Blessings for your own good and be thankful.
- Know all people as thy brethren and treat them as such.
- Be not revengeful for the wrongs done by the others. Take them with gratitude as heavenly gifts.
- Be happy to eat in constant divine thought whatever you get, with due regard to honest and pious earnings.
- Mould your living so as to rouse a feeling of love and piety in others.
- At bed time, feeling the presence of God, repent for the wrongs committed unknowingly. Beg forgiveness in a supplicant mood, resolving not to allow repetition of the same.
Commentary on the above commandments